Super Nintendo Emulator – The Super Nintendo Entertainment System is also popular by the name of Super NES, SNES or Super Nintendo. In Japan, it was launched in the year 1990 as Super Famicom or SFC.
It was relaunched in countries like Europe, North America, and other parts of the world. Super Nintendo has been one of the biggest hits among gamers. However, it received a comparatively late start. Saga Genesis gave it a tough fight. But SNES still managed to come up as victorious.
Super Nintendo Emulator
If you want to play the Super Nintendo games once again and cherish those childhood memories, then there are a plethora of options available. You can get easy access to several emulators for playing and completing these games. If you have a fast PC, then Higan can be your best choice. However, if your PC is quite slow, then you can go for Snesx9x. It is quite a user-friendly emulator too.
Emulators have been quite helpful for gamers. Those who want to relive old days by playing retro games can take the help of different emulators. There is a wide array of SNES emulators that can be used for playing games like Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, and Legend of Zelda, and so on.
If you are confused about which emulator to choose, then we are here to help. We have curated a list of top SNES emulators. All you need to do is to go through the list and then make a well-informed choice. You can also use a pair of Bluetooth controllers to spike-up your gaming experience to the next level.
Super Nintendo Emulator for Android
- ClassicBoy: This is one of the oldest emulators. Since 2014 it has not got any updates from the developers, we suggest you opt for it only when no other emulator in this list serves your purpose. It is combo-emulator. It works splendidly well for platforms like PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, SNES, n64, and many others. Its support system is quite good. However, there are some glitches and errors.
- Allows you to emulate lots of different consoles
- Allows you to customize the control schematic for each console
- John NESS: John Emulators has come up with John NESS. It is an NES and SNES emulator. It has replaced highly popular John SNES and John NES apps. This emulator works exceedingly well for both the systems. But those users who have already purchased John SNES or John NES will have to purchase the app for the second time. This is not going down well with the users.
- High compatibility
- Good rendering quality
- Save states
- Customizable digital controls
- Fast forward
- Slow down
- Turbo buttons
- RetroArch: RetroArch is a free, one-stop-solution for all your emulator related needs. It provides support to multiple systems. SNES gets active support from RetroArch. But you need to learn a lot about using the emulator. You have to go through Wikipedia to get troubleshooting answers.
- On-screen controls
- Tons of systems
- High compatibility rate
- No advertisements
- Snes9x EX+: This has been quite a popular emulator with the users. It is compatible with almost every device. It serves all the purposes of a gamer.
- Save/load states
- Support for gamepads
- On-screen controls
- Support zip files
- SuperRetro16: This is again a very helpful SNES emulator. It was removed from the Google Play Store in the year 2019 because of some violation of rules and regulations.
- Cloud storage support
- Multiple controller systems
- Load/save states
- Fast forward
- Visual enhancement features
- Smooth gameplay
- Higan: This is another free emulator that supports multiplayer. It is much in demand because of the way it works. It does not work well with old or low-end devices. It supports Game Boy Color, Nintendo Famicom, Sega Mega Drive, Nintendo Super Famicom, Sega Game Gear, NEC PC Engine, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and Sega Master System.
- Capable of running all commercial SNES releases
- Supports Windows, macOS, and Linux
Though there are multiple options available, not all of them deliver a great experience. The provided list of Super Nintendo Emulators has been tried, and most of them are quite satisfactory. We have not listed any iOS emulator as there aren’t any official ones available.
Related Tags: Super Nintendo Emulator
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.