Pokemon Emulator – The year 1990 saw the inception of the global phenomenon – Pokemon. From being the most popular TV cartoon to becoming the favorite game, Pokemon has come a long way.
Recently Pokemon Go game was released for mobile devices. It became an instant hit in the gaming world and maintains it stand till today.
Officially Pokemon GO is available only for iOS and Android devices. However, if you wish to play on a computer, you would need a Pokemon Emulator. Apart from Pokemon Go, there are 10 more games available from the franchise. To enjoy all on your PC, we have listed 6 best Pokemon Emulators suitable for PC.
Available for Free: Yes (With Ads)
It is an old Android emulator and gets a regular update. Compared to other emulators, BlueStacks offers the latest version of Android. The latest version is BlueStacks 4 that is compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat.
- It is compatible with AMD and Intel processors.
- It comes with Hyper-G graphics delivering low-latency gaming.
- It also comes with keymappingthat makes it easy for the gamers to adjust the keyboard controls
- It also allows the use of a gamepad to control the game movements.
- It provides Multi-Windows and Multi-Accounts support
- Installing Android apps on BlueStacks is easy.
- It also allows tweaking the game through emulator setting forgaming engine, frame rate, and display resolution.
Weird name! Isn’t it? But What’s in a name, they say! DeSmuMe one of the best DS emulators for a computer system. It is an open-source emulator and gets regular updates. It is available for both Mac and Windows systems. We tried playing Nintendo DS games that run quite smoothly on both operating systems. You may face frame drop issues on MacBook Air. However, it totally depends on the configuration of the system.
- It allows customization in graphics and emulation settings.
- It offers cheat code manager.
- It also provides a USB controller support.
- It also offers the save slot.
- It offers high compatibility.
MelonDS is often compared with its competitor DeSmuMe. Unlike DeSmuMe, it lacks many features of the emulation and graphic options. Nevertheless, it does well in offering highly accurate rendering of DS games.MelonDS is compatible with Windows and Linus system.
- It allows you to tap in extreme resolutions even if you are using a medium performing system.
- The local Wi-FI support allows multiplayer games.
- It provides save slot option.
- It also allows a few screen layout options.
- It also supports joystick support.
- It delivers high performance at increased resolutions
- It offers high accuracy
NO$GBA is one of the best Nintendo DS emulators for the computer system. It started with emulating Gameboy advance games, yet stands on top in the best Nintendo DS emulators. It supports Nintendo DS Lite (DSi) games, GBA, and Nintendo DS. It is compatible with Windows systems.
- Even if you are using a low performing PC, this emulator works fast.
- It takes very few system resources compared to the other emulators.
- It allows joystick support.
- It also has save state option.
- It also provides in-house cheat code support.
- It offers low memory usage and delivers high speed.
This one is an all-in-one emulator allowing you to enjoy nearly all retro consoles. The prime motto is to have an amalgamation of multiple emulators in a single software. It comes with a few pre-loaded games.
It is compatible with all operating systems. That being said, RetroArch has a few limitations that we can’t ignore. It is relatively difficult to run games on RetroArch as compared to other emulators. The interface is also a little difficult to understand until you get used to it. It also takes up more resources of your PC than others.
- It provides all the necessary graphics and emulations options.
- It allows you to increase the native resolution up to 4K.
- It allows joystick support.
- It also provides save slot option.
- You can also enjoy different screen layout options.
This one is similar to RetroArch emulator. It works as a front end software for other console emulators. You would want to know, whether OpenEmu is any different from other emulators available. Well, it has a great streamlined UI. It may look like an interface of iTunes. On the other hand, it lacks several graphics settings. Honestly, we were not impressed knowing that fact.
- It provides screen layout options.
- It also provides save states feature
- It also has cheat code support, etc.
Here’s a small list of Pokemon Games you can enjoy on PC using Emulators
- Pokémon Go
- Pokémon Playhouse
- Pokémon Shuffle Mobile
- Magikarp Jump
- Camp Pokémon
- Pokémon Duel
- Pokémon Quest
These were some of the chosen emulators suitable for playing Pokemon Games. Do let us know which is your favorite Pokemon game and which is your favorite Pokemon Emulator.
Related Tags: Pokemon Emulator
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.