Nintendo DS Emulator – Top Nintendo DS Emulators to give a boost to your gaming experience
Whenever we think of some of the most popular handheld gaming consoles, Nintendo DS comes to the forefront. It was first released in 2004.The improved version came to be known as DS Lite. It is still an iconic gaming console just like PSP and the Game Boy.
Nintendo DS Emulator
Gamers still have not forgotten those amazing games of the Nintendo DS. It feels quite practical to play these games on your phone rather than carrying around a device for playing them. However, we do not have many options when it comes to Nintendo DS emulators. It is still in a developing phase. However, we have researched hard and come up with a list of a few effective emulators. Here’s the list that can help:
- Drastic DS Emulator: It is a relatively new Nintendo DS Emulators. It is capable of letting you play most of the games. We tried throwing many games at it and it responded pretty well. Unfortunately, It is not a free emulator and may cost approx. $4.99.
- Screen layout customization
- Support for hardware controllers
- Controller customization
- Fast forward
- Google Drive support
- EmuBox: It is also a new arrival in the platform of Nintendo DS Emulators. It is compatible with devices like Nintendo DS, SNES, and PlayStation. It has a material design, which adds to its good looks. No issues come up while playing the games. Some bugs do occur while using the cheat codes. But the Google Play reviews seem to be positive. The emulator comes free of cost and has some advertisements.
- NDS Emulator: It is also a newbie in the world of emulators. It is capable of playing most of the games. There are some bugs, though. But it is a free Nintendo DS emulator. It contains certain ads that create interruption.
- External controller support
- Customizable on-screen gamepads
- Nds4droid: This emulator has been in the picture for quite a long time now. It has a few issues, such as slow speed. But it is an open source free emulator with no in-app purchases and advertisements.
- RetroArch: It’s a one-top-solution for the gamers. You can play multiple systems and then play individually within the app. It is too a free emulator. Here are a few games it supports –
- Game Boy
- Nintendo DS
- Game Boy Advance
- And many non-Nintendo systems
Top 7 Nintendo DS Emulators for PC:
- DeSmuMe: This emulator allows players to play exclusive DS titles at maximum graphics. Customization of graphics and emulation settings is possible. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows. It has features like USB controller support and cheats code manager.
- Windows and Mac (We have tried on both the systems and they responded pretty well)
- You may face frame drops MacBook Air. However, the performance totally depends on the configuration of your system.
- Release Nightly builds frequently
- High Compatibility
- MelonDS: It is an open-source emulator and is free and doesn’t bother with advertisements.It is extremely popular because of its unique features. It is available on Windows and Linux.
- Save progress whenever you want
- Displays live FPS
- Local Wi-FI support for playing multiplayer games
- Offers high performance at boosted resolutions
- High accuracy
- NO$GBA: It utilizes very little memory storage. Also, the emulator is capable of offering a high speed. It serves as a multi emulator for different systems.
- Low memory usage
- Supports GBA a Nintendo DSi games
- Offers high speed
- RetroArch: This is the one-stop solution for all your gaming needs. It contains some pre-loaded games. It is available on all platforms.
- All-in-one emulator
- Comes with a few pre-loaded games
- Compatible with all platforms
- OpenEmu: This emulator is available for Mac. It offers a streamlined UI. Also, you can use this as an all-in-one emulator. The interface is quite similar to that of iTunes.
- Screen layout options
- Cheat code support
- Dual shock
- Switch Pro
- Wii mote
- Nintendo 3DS: You can play Pokémon games using this emulator. It supports 10x internal resolution. Also, it supports the system of multiplayer.
- Joystick support
- Screen layout options
- Cheat code support
- Drastic DS:We recommend you to use this emulator on a high configuration smartphone. It offers online Google Drive space for saving your data. Also, it is capable of providing enhanced emulation speed. It is a paid emulator.
- Button mapping
- Controllers support
- Saves state
- Allows you to increase the internal resolution
If you know about any other Nintendo DS Emulator, do let us know in the comment box below. Also, share your feedback and tell us which one is your favourite.
Related Tags: Nintendo DS Emulator
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.