Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost QuickBooks error code 6123 according to Intuit, typically happens in multi-user environments. While some alerts can be resolved by simply following the software’s instructions, others might be complex and difficult to understand. There could be a number of causes for this issue.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
The most common cause of QuickBooks Error Code 6123 is one of the following:-
- The network connection to the primary computer is broken.
- A port required for communication with the server housing the firm file is being blocked by a firewall network.
- Defective QBW files.
- Corrupt application files or data for QuickBooks.
- Numerous QuickBooks database services are active on your machine.
- In the most recent iteration of QuickBooks, the identical company file is open.
- You are using a flash drive or other removable storage device to restore a backup.
- Window user with damage.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123
The complex problem with QuickBooks Error -6123 is one. To get rid of it, you can use the following methods.
Solution #1 – Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor is a great tool for resolving some of the most typical reasons why QuickBooks issues occur:-
- Firstly, you have to download QB Tool Hub and then install QBFD Tool.
- This useful utility is available to download right here.
- Install and execute the QBFD utility on your machine when it has been downloaded.
- You will be shown any potential data or company file damage that could be the root of error 6123.
- In order to repair the damages indicated in the tool’s result that you obtained, you have two options:
- The firm files backup can be restored.
- Send your company file to the QuickBooks data recovery team if you are unable to open it.
Solution #2 – Install and run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Check my network connection on your host (main) PC. The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool should be installed and used.
- If none of the aforementioned suggestions work for you, move on to the next one.
Solution #3: Rename the company file or remove any special characters from the name
It is frequently seen that the mentioned limit is exceeded when the company file name contains any unusual characters. The user must make sure of the following:
- No more than 30 characters may be used in the company file name.
- Its name shouldn’t contain any unique characters or spaces.
Solution #4: Make a new windows user
Opening the control panel and selecting the “create new user” option from the user icon are the first two steps.
- Select the admin for user type, then log out of the current.
- After completing that, restart the computer and log in using new credentials.
- The user needs to access the company file in QuickBooks and move the company file to their desktop.
We anticipate that this article has provided you with all the information you require concerning QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0. If the issue appears on your screen, you can attempt the fixes listed on this page to resolve it.