What Is Laravel?
Laravel is a popular open-source PHP framework. This platform is designed for developing web applications using the MVC architectural pattern.
Laravel is released under the MIT license, so the source code is hosted on GitHub. Most developers see Laravel as a solid framework with precise and expressive language conventions.
Why Use Laravel?
Well, this question was on the minds of many developers. Before choosing Laravel, it is important to understand why you should use Laravel.
Laravel provides a version control system that makes the migration process easier. It comes with a modular package and a Composer-based dependency manager. Innovative features such as the blade pattern engine. It also supports Eloquent ORM (the latest implementation of Active Record) for accurate database processing. Supports DBMS platforms such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
Supports and supports artisan commands and enables sample line of code interfaces. Excellent helpful documentation. Laravel can constrain many DBM objects using a modern querying mechanism. The framework has an autoload feature that allows you to skip manual maintenance and include paths. This framework also makes it possible to create innovative tools using LOC containers.
- Modular packages via Composer-based dependency manager
- The framework has an autoload feature that loads it automatically, so no human intervention is required.
- Laravel provides a version control system to help simplify your migration management.
- DBMS platforms such as Postgre SQL, SQL Server, and My SQL are supported.
- This framework can create a variety of new tools using LOC containers.
What Is CodeIgniter?
CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework. It is designed for developers who prefer a simple yet sophisticated toolkit for creating fully functional web applications. CodeIgniter is one of the best frameworks on the market for creating dynamic websites in PHP. With CodeIgniter, stakeholders get clear and structured documentation. Excellent stability and support. This facilitates simple routing methods. You can also visit cached websites to improve performance and load times.
There is no need to rely on MVC development patterns as it gives users complete freedom. The best thing about CodeIgniter is that third-party plugins can support complex functionality. Another great feature of CodeIgniter is its excellent security and encryption procedures.
Codeigniter 4 is the latest version of Codeigniter which is intended to use with Php 7.3 & Php newer versions. Codeigniter 4 installation & setup is an easy process that we have already covered.
Why Use CodeIgniter?
This is another important issue that needs to be addressed immediately. If you don’t know why you’re using CodeIgniter, you probably won’t like it. Here’s why you should use CodeIgniter:
- The whole framework is clear and well organized. The documentation of this framework is very simple.
- Routing is simple.
- Improved stability and support
- The support of the CodeIgniter community is of particular value. They provide excellent support, and their knowledgeable community provides solutions to almost all types of framework issues.
- Website caching improves performance and simplifies loading times.
Laravel vs CodeIgniter – The Ultimate Comparison
Speaking of scalability, Laravel inherits the scalability of PHP and supports your growing business on an excellent database. Laravel is capable of massive scalability. Laravel applications scale using MySQL, AWS, and other advanced caching technologies.
- As you know, CodeIgniter is a lightweight framework, which makes it a perfect framework for developing highly scalable applications. CodeIgniter provides scalability through caching without compromising performance.
So, when it comes to scalability, Laravel and CodeIgniter meet expectations.
Trend and popularity
Laravel is one of the most popular frameworks. Its attractive features like expressive coding are loved by many developers. As such, Laravel has a considerable reputation for being popular.
Meanwhile, CodeIgniter is more popular than Laravel. Its lightness and ease of use make it a powerful web application for many developers.
Both Laravel and CodeIgniter are popular among developers, but Laravel is more popular for its coding patterns and sleek appearance.
PHP supports microservices compatibility, so Laravel also supports microservices compatibility. The use of Laravel’s microservices architecture has grown exponentially over the past few months.
CodeIgniter also supports tools for building efficient microservices using PHP. Microservices architecture works best with CodeIgniter 3. It also simplifies code and provides maximum scalability, performance, and database support. So, Laravel and CodeIgniter stick to microservices compatibility and support microservices architectures.
Laravel has nearly 79% of the web application server-side programming market. Laravel has a huge community with thousands of active users, so the Laravel community can resolve your query in 3 days or less. Laravel developers regularly share podcasts, news, and documentation about Laravel.
CodeIgniter is an open-source framework with a vibrant community of developers and members who come together to brainstorm ideas. The CodeIgniter community is very helpful in resolving queries in time.
Both Laravel and CodeIgniter have active and strong community support, but Laravel has around 46,000 active users, and CodeIgniter has around 8,000 active users. The Laravel community is therefore huge and well supported.
Being able to use some of the built-in modular features is one of the best things about Laravel. Laravel allows developers to break large projects into smaller modules and work on them individually. This will make the development process more and more smooth.
In contrast, CodeIgniter does not provide any built-in modularity. CodeIgniter requires developers to create modules and maintain them using modular extensions.
So, when it comes to the availability and modularity of built-in modules, Laravel can benefit.
- With 06+ years of experience in Php & Java Deepak Sharma works as Sr. Back-End developer in Devstringx Technologies, a top mobile app development company in Noida, India. He has developed many projects with a variety of Technologies like Laravel, Codeigniter, slim, core PHP, WordPress, Shopify, Magento, and spring boot. He enjoys connecting with people, helping and empowering people through blogs.